oracle career question

From: Jeff Popp <jpopp_at_kpbs.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:05:47 -0700

I am interested in hearing from anyone caring to share how they began teir career, and thoughts on how I might get started.

I have a BA in Economics, but have worked with dBase and Access over the past 3 years. I currently work as a Data Manager, on a legacy(ADMINS) system, and create Access databases for different departments. I have studied on my own, and will be taking the first course on the Oracle DBA track. However, I have been talking with placement agencies and it sounds like if I don't have the experience, any certification is useless.

Any thoughts on how I can get started would be appreciated.

Jeff Popp
Data Manager
KPBS TV/FM
popp_at_home.com Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 15:05:47 CDT