ADO Connection with Oracle

From: <activeram_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:58:07 GMT

I read all the messages under this topic and it has really helped me.

Its recommended to use MSDASQL as the default Driver even to connect to Oracle Database.
But has anyone tried to trap the Connection Object Error after making the Connection.

 When I did that I get the following error

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

And the code I used is
Conn.Open "DATASOURCE","USERNAME","PASSWORD"

Checked
 Conn.Errors Collection
I am not getting any error if I use the Oracle OLE DB Provider MSDAORA but some authors think that there are lot of bugs with this provider.

Please if anyone has encountered similar problems and found solutions other than mine, let me know.

Thanks in advance.
ActiveRAM.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 10:58:07 CDT