Re: [Basic Q] Creating package... getting error...

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:00:46 GMT

A copy of this was sent to James Knowles <kaa_at_xmission.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:58:13 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm quite comfortable with basic SQL (create/drop table,
>select/insert/update), but am trying to expand beyond this and create a
>package and use user-defined types for the first time. After mulling
>through my copy of ORACLE8 PL/SQL Programming, I put a package header
>and body together. After running the SQL code in sqlplus, I got the
>message "Warning: Package created with compilation errors."
>
>I've reduced it to something very simple, but still get the message.
>1) Is there something obviously wrong with the code?
>2) How do I find out what these mysterious complation errors are? It's
>easier to debug when one knows *what* the errors are!
>
>This works:
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Test AS
>END Test;
>
>This gives the mystery message:
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Test AS
>DECLARE
> SUBTYPE t_Test1 IS DATE;
> SUBTYPE t_Test2 IS DATE;
>END Test;
>
>Thanks alot!

SQL> show errors package test

will show the declare is not expected..

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 09:00:46 CDT