Basic syntax question regarding SUBTYPE statement

From: James Knowles <kaa_at_xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:46:14 +0000

Sorry for these basic questions....

I can do the following without a problem:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE TestPackage AS SUBTYPE t_Test IS table1.col1%TYPE;
END TestPackage;

However, the following fails. Is there some way to do this, or is it illegal? I cannot find an answer in ORACLE8 PL/SQL Programming. I'm connected as user1. If it's not allowed, is there some way around it?

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE TestPackage AS SUBTYPE t_Test IS user2.table1.col1%TYPE; END TestPackage;

Thanks!

--
It's coming... http://www.countdown9199.com Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 08:46:14 CDT