[Basic Q] Creating package... getting error...

From: James Knowles <kaa_at_xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:58:13 +0000

I'm quite comfortable with basic SQL (create/drop table, select/insert/update), but am trying to expand beyond this and create a package and use user-defined types for the first time. After mulling through my copy of ORACLE8 PL/SQL Programming, I put a package header and body together. After running the SQL code in sqlplus, I got the message "Warning: Package created with compilation errors."

I've reduced it to something very simple, but still get the message. 1) Is there something obviously wrong with the code? 2) How do I find out what these mysterious complation errors are? It's easier to debug when one knows *what* the errors are!

This works:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Test AS
END Test;

This gives the mystery message: