Re: Problem with Des2000 R2 on Ora Server8

From: Srdjan Jovcic <djidoNOSPAM_at_eunet.yu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 20:33:04 +0200

> I installed first Oracle Server 8 on NT 4 Server and then Des2000 R2.
> When I start Des2000, it asked me to fill User's name, Password &
> Connect String. I don't know where to get these informations. Could u
> tell me how it works. I try different possibilities but it doesn't work.
>
> How could I create a user on Des2000?.

For start you have to read _carefully_ Installation Guide for Des2000. Is is something like cookbook: many steps you should follow as is written. Installing software of Des2000 is just one (easier) part of the job. You have to have basic knowledge of administering your database or have somebody to maintenance it for you. Des2000 is based on repository witch must be created in database, what is explained in the book mentioned above. If you have not paper book, you have one on Des2000 CD.

djidoNOSPAM_at_eunet.yu Received on Sun Jun 13 1999 - 13:33:04 CDT