PATH; ENVIRONMENT; ETC

From: Jack <jacktoth_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:03:59 GMT

This will seem pretty stupid to anyone who is familiar with UNIX (like me, I thought) but I cannot figure out how to view my PATH, set the PATH in Linux
(Redhat 6.0). I have tried all sorts of commands, tools, help files, man pages, etc. Anyway, I am using the BASH Shell and need to check/revise the PATH for all users to install ORACLE for Linux.

If anyone can direct me to a clear info. source or has an answer thanks greatly in advance.

Jack

To those familiar with Oracle, do you create the oracle_home directory off root ? or Sbin, etc.