Create User

From: Johan den Boer <jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 07:07:26 +0200

Hi,

I create a database with user id 'database'. Now I want to give other users
permission to access my table. I created a new user with

sqlplus and logon with system and manger. Than I do

create user 'ops$newid' identified by 'password'

          default tablespace table
          temporary tablespace temp;

I give grant permissions like grant select all table to ops$newid or grant dba to ops$newid.

When the new user executes sqlplus / and want to do some selects on tables
he gets the message object does not exist. What's wrong ? Have I something forgotten ?

regards Johan den Boer

email : jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl Received on Sat Jun 12 1999 - 00:07:26 CDT