Time Fields

From: Johan den Boer <jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 07:00:26 +0200

Hi,

I have a table with a column timestamp. I created it as a DATE field but I want to
store the time in that field. Does oracle have a special field type like TIME ?.
How do you get the time from the column. I know you can do it with to_char( column_name, 'HH24MISS' ) but I don't want to do that every time I do a select or fetch on that table.

regards Johan den Boer

email : jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl Received on Sat Jun 12 1999 - 00:00:26 CDT