Restricting Inserts/Updates

From: Scott Morrow <razors_edge_at_geocities.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:56:40 -0400

 Hi!

 I am attempting to find a method of disabling inserts/updates to a number of tables EXCEPT via the Forms 4.5 application I develop. In other words, I need to dissallow insert/update for anyone connected to the database (through SQL*NET or otherwise) via anything other than the application itself. (Selects are fine)

 In this case, grants cannot be used for protection as a commonly used username/password/role is necessary for use of the application.

 Is anyone aware of a relatively easy way of accomplishing this within a Forms 4.5 application/Database triggers/procedures, etc? (7.3 Database) I would be very greatful for any suggestions.

 As I do not have regular access to this newsgroup, any replies CC'd to razors_edge_at_geocities.com would be very much appreciated.

 Scott Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 20:56:40 CDT