Re: java/jdbc and Oracle User Defined Data Types

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:17:48 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Beth Beckman <bbeckman_at_lanl.gov> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:03:56 -0600, you wrote:

>Hello. We're experimenting with Oracle user defined data types,
>specifically varying arrays and nested tables. I've created a table
>with several varying arrays in it, and have been able to create PL/SQL
>blocks to access the data. I plan to create methods (type bodies) to
>access the data in place of the PL/SQL blocks. My question is: Are
>these methods accessible from Java (will the jdbc driver handle varying
>arrays and/or methods such as this)? If so, can someone share some code
>of how it's done and the requirements for the jdbc driver (release,
>thin, OCI8, etc). We're using Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6.

Have a look at http://technet.oracle.com/doc/java.815/a64685/oraext7.htm#1040060

You need a password for that site, just goto http://technet.oracle.com/ to sign up (its free).

SQLJ can do it as well.

>Thanks,
>Beth

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 13:17:48 CDT