Re: Drop file from SYSTEM tablespace

From: S. Tran <sam_at_home>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:18:25 GMT

First of all, the most easy thing to do is shutdown and restart with RESTRICT mode, and do the full EXPort, then Shutdown the database and drop/delete all datafiles belonged to the database. Recreate the database and run the IMPort. The process is long/short depended on how much/big is your export file.
Second, if you want to create a rollback_segment, for GOD's sake as well as for everybody using the database, NEVER created one on SYSTEM tablespace, except the first one when you create the database. Create a RollBACK tablespace and put all of rollback_segments in here (except one belong to the SYSTEM tablespace).

Good luck.