java/jdbc and Oracle User Defined Data Types

From: Beth Beckman <bbeckman_at_lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:03:56 -0600

Hello. We're experimenting with Oracle user defined data types, specifically varying arrays and nested tables. I've created a table with several varying arrays in it, and have been able to create PL/SQL blocks to access the data. I plan to create methods (type bodies) to access the data in place of the PL/SQL blocks. My question is: Are these methods accessible from Java (will the jdbc driver handle varying arrays and/or methods such as this)? If so, can someone share some code of how it's done and the requirements for the jdbc driver (release, thin, OCI8, etc). We're using Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6.

Thanks,
Beth Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 13:03:56 CDT