Re: Installing Oracle 8.0.5 on Red Hat 6.0

From: daedalus <daedalus_at_ripco.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:14:38 -0500

"Steven L. Dahlin" wrote:

> I have the same exact question. I can tell you that it is necessary to
> use the glibc 2.0.x version of the libraries with Oracle as opposed to
> the glibc 2.1 that comes with Redhat 6.0. But unfortunately none of the
> sources I have looked up have covered the necessary process in detail.
>
> Steve

Well, with the patch from Timur I.Danyarhojaev's page and a rough translation by Vladimir Pasechnik I was able to get Oracle 8.0.5 up and running. Thanks guys! ;-)

Since then a new page has been posted with excellent, detailed instructions on the installation process at:

     http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh6x.html

I read through them and it's not the way I did it but it looks like it's a better way ;-) (I patched the makefiles and had to do a lot of other little things by hand, but this new page uses a patch from Oracle that you apply to the binaries after they have been installed (if I read it correctly.))

Anyway, check out that page.

Later and many thanks for the help guys! -Bill Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 10:14:38 CDT