Date Query Issue

From: Neil Robinson <vtr_at_firestorm996.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:28:37 +0100

I have an Access97 front end that uses Oracle 7.3 over odbc. A few of the queries that I need to produce involve dates or date ranges. When I try to query on a single date using the criteria

[field] = #15/05/99#

the database returns only those records which have a date of 15/5/99 and no time value. If there is a time value within the record it's not returned. ie

record a:    15/5/99 11:19:04
record b:    15/5/99
record c:    15/5/99
record d:    15/5/99 12:18:33
record e:    15/5/99

3 records from this set would be returned. This is not a problem when querying a date range as the >= and <= operators alleviate it. I also need to be able to query single dates though and I can't see a simple way of doing it, given that the date will be on a user-input form.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

--
Neil Robinson Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:28:37 CDT