Re: OWS: owa_default_service & index.html

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:42:07 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Klim Samgin <klimsamgin_at_yahoo.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:44:30 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi!
>
>The Oracle Web Server documentation says, that
>if the Web Agent cannot resolve the passed service name,
>it defaults to owa_default_service.
>
>I've got working owa_default_sevice service and it works
>when I submit 'http://myhost/owa_default_service/owa/intro' .
>
>And I've got another service, myservice, and it works
>when I submit 'http://myhost/myservice/owa/intro' .
>
>But when I mistakenly submit
>'http://myhost/myserv/owa/intro'
>('myserv' instead of 'myservice'; 'myserv' service doesn't exist),
>I believe that owa_default_service must be invoked.
>
>But owa_default_service don't invoked!

is it that you are getting a 404-Not Found?

If so, thats to be expected. As there is no virtual path mapping for /myserv/ (as you have for /myservice/ and /owa_default_service/), the webserver doesn't know if you are asking for a file, a cgi-bin, a cartridge, whatever.

the default service is used when a url is mapped to OWA and the service name in the URL cannot be found in the owa.cfg. If the url cannot be MAPPED to begin with, the server returns 404, not found.

>Does anybody know the solve of this problem?
>
>I gravitate to have no files (for example, index.html) on disk but
>to store them in database.
>So, I can submit 'http://myhost:8000/' and some database procedure
>will build this index.html 'on the fly', and there is no need
>to store index.html on disk.
>
>Does anyone practice this 'saving' phylisophy and how he do it?
>
>Thanks,
>Klim.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:42:07 CDT