Re: spaces in fields name

From: <shiling_at_math.wayne.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 00:18:13 GMT

The conventional rules of column names do not apply when you use double qoutes. You may try it youself.

SQL> create table t as
  2 select sysdate "1 2 3" from dual;

Table created.

SQL> create table t1 as
  2 select sysdate " " from dual;

Table created.

SQL> create table t2 as
  2 select sysdate "$#@_(0)" from dual;

Table created.

SQL> create table t3 as
  2 select sysdate as "% $ # @ ! ~" from dual;

Table created.

SQL> create table "% $ # @ ! ~" as
  2 select sysdate as "% $ # @ ! ~" from dual;

Table created.

SQL> desc "% $ # @ ! ~";

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 % $ # @ ! ~                              DATE

In article <7jj7sv$4k$1_at_gatekeeper.ornano.kapt.com>,   "Fred Ruffet" <fruffet_at_kaptech.com> wrote:
> So, (I generalize my question) is any character is usable in a table
or
> field name ?
>
> Frédéric Ruffet - fruffet_at_kaptech.com
> "Seach for perfection is all very well,
> But to look for Heaven, is to leave here in hell." G.M.Summer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 19:18:13 CDT