Re: datawarehouse

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 00:32:31 +0100

I recommend Oracle8. Major reasons include:

1) long time experience with large databases.
2) proven performance and reliability
3) Oracle8 specifics, such as table partitioning, tables and indexes spam
over several physical disks and operating systems. 4) not limited to Windows.
5) Oracle Discoverer 3.0 offers powerful features to build extraction tables and very flexible navigation tools, freeing developers to deal with back end.
6) Discoverer is Relational OLAP. If you need multidimensional databases you can use Oracle Express Server and Oracle Express Objects.

I am currently involving in data warehousing projects using Oracle. If you need more details, links, white papers and first impressions feel free to contact me.

Best regards

Breno Gomes