error setting up microsoft odbc for oracle dsn

From: Jay Jenkins <jenkinsj_at_nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:47:10 -0400

someone please tell me what i have overlooked! on some win95 machines on which i have installed oracle sql net products (7.3.3.0.0) i get an error when trying to utilize the 'Microsoft ODBC for Oracle' driver to set up a system DSN. it returns the error that 'this driver requires the oracle components to be installed before it can be used', even though the oracle drivers have been installed. i have installed oracle then mdac, mdac then oracle, and i can not get by the error. i have the same config working on some machines, but get the error on others. my vb app is dependant on this!!!!

is there some trick to this? help!

jay

jenkinsj_at_nswc.navy.mil Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 11:47:10 CDT