Re: Help!!! Oracle 8 Setup halt

From: Bart Hanssens <antares_at_grmbl.com>
Date: 8 Jun 1999 16:32:52 GMT

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999 21:24:50 -0400, hb wrote:
>I removed Oracle 8 personal version from Windows 95 by using control
>panel. There is still a directory C:\\Orawin95, and "Oracle for Windows 95"
>in Program group in which there are "Oracle Home Selector" and
>"Oracle installer".
>
>After installing Visual Studio 6.0, I tried to reinstall Oracle, but I got
>the following error messages at the beginning of setup:
> Orainst
> This program has preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
> if the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Try removing c:\orawin95 AND remove all the Oracle-related entries in the Windows Registry. Maybe that'll help. Also, Visual Studio might have replaced some DLL's used by Personal Oracle...

greetings,

antares
--
c...because you can't build universes upon E = m COBOL^2 Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 11:32:52 CDT