Re: Unable to start Intelligent Agent

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 14:33:40 GMT

fyi for anybody else that may run into this problem ... this is a known problem on AIX with Oracle tech support. Here is the abridged version of the white paper they sent me:

add the following line to /etc/snmpd.conf above all other 'smux' lines:

   smux 0.0 " " xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <machine ip address>

check the file permissions on /etc/snmpd.* - make sure everybody has read access to them (chmod o+r /etc/snmpd.*)

refresh the snmpd subsystem with refresh -s snmpd

try restarting lsnrctl dbsnmp_start -- should work fine now. Did for me.

Hope this helps.

-Roy

In article <7jgs8v$rps$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rspeaker_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to start the Intelligent Agent on my database(s). I am
> running Oracle 8.0.4 on AIX 4.2.1. I have the listener up and running
> fine, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Intelligent Agent, recompiled
> the dbsnmp executable, and run the

$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catsnmp.sql
> script. No luck. Whenever I run lsnrctl dbsnmp_start, I see the
dbsnmp
> process (ps -ef) trying to start, but then it dies and goes away. The
> entry in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/dbsnmpw.log file says:
> NMS-00004: dbsnmp unable to register MIB or MIB row
>
> I don't know what else to check ... any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 09:33:40 CDT