Re: Which key was pressed?

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 8 Jun 1999 13:44:20 GMT

Fraser Boswell <Fraser.Boswell@.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
: I'm running a little function on a field which has to scroll through all
: the records in a block then return to the cursor item. At this point I
: need to know what key was pressed orignally so as to navigate to the
: next item, previous item next record or whatever. I may just be stupid
: but how do I find out what key was pressed so that I can navigate back
: to the correct place?

Well, right off the top of my head, I'd create a field in a common block let's say :control.key_save. In the KEY-XXXX triggers I want to track, I'd have code to write which key was pressed into the key_save field.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Steven
--

                 _|_  |  _|_   "I am the way and the truth and the life.
                  | --|-- |     No one comes to the Father except through
Steven Whatley    |   |   |      me.  If you really knew me, you would
Houston, Texas        |           know my Father as well.  From now on,
swhatley_at_blkbox.com   |            you do know him and have seen him."
http://www.blkbox.com/~swhatley/        -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6-7 NIV)