Re: "Cannot compile program units since this is a runtime only report".

From: Bob Sauer <rsauer_at_census.gov>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 08:31:22 -0400

You don't say what your platform is but, give this a go. We ran into this problem when we had plsql executing in before triggers - Reports 2.5.7.4.0 on Unix. We had set up security so that users had no default roles in the database. When the report was run from a form, the report would issue a dbms_session.set_role for a role passed in from a parameter list. The idea is that the report cannot be run unless it is invoked from within Forms. The problem we ran into was validating parameters and such in before triggers, by issuing selects from database tables. Apparently Reports checks to make sure you have access to database objects used explicitly in the report's before trigger. It turned out that if we granted select access to any tables used expicitly in the select statements before the report would run. Apparently this is fixed in Reports 3.0+

Good luck,
Bob