Re: Date/Time precission

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:44:41 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Marek Ochał <ochal_at_comarch.pl> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 07:54:08 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>I need to measure elapsed time with precission of hundreds of second in
>PL/SQL procedure. Does anybody know how can I do this?
>MO

dbms_utility.get_time will return the same value as you can select from v$timer. its HSECs since some arbitrary epoch in time meaning its useful to measure elapsed time but not useful to tell time.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 07:44:41 CDT