HELP: pb with calling to procedure from odbc

From: thierry le pennec <thierry_at_premium.no>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:44:04 +0100

Hi !

Here, a very simple exercise.

Using SQLBindParameter(...) with odbc it's easy to retreive values from a simple SQL statement like:

select ca, cb from ta

.

Now I decide to get this set of values using a call to a procedure. At the ODBC level, I just do that call ( approximatly):

char *stmt ="{call (?,?)=proc_a}";
SQLExecDirect(...,stmt,...)

Here, I stop because I don't know how to write the PL/SQL procedure to output
according to the call.

With the MS-SQL, I would create a procedure roughly like that
"

procedure proc_a...
begin
select ca, cb from ta
end
"

The result of the select goes direct to the output which is binded through odbc.

I think that there is something similar with Oracle, but I am lost in the documentation. And I havn't found some examples.

Thank to help me,

Thierry. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 07:44:04 CDT