Oracle805 on Suselinux: ORA-27102

From: Andreas Mentzfeld <amentzfeld_at_primus-online.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 07:13:51 +0200

Hello everybody,

I've got problems to create a ORACE805 database on Suse Linux 6.1. The installation was successful, but when I try to startup (nomount) the

instance in order to run the 'create database' - command, I got the error-message ORA-27102 like this.

    SVRMGR> startup nomount pfile=`...init_orcl.ora'     ORA-27102: out of memory
    Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument

As I found out, it occurs, when the first argument in 'init_orcl.ora' or

'conf_orcl.ora' is touched. (When you insert some nonsense e.g. 'xxx' in

front of the arguments, the 'xxx' will be noticed as a wrong parameter, as expected).

Has anyone an idea, what can be wrong ??

(I am experienced in ORA8 on VMS and NT, but this is the first time for me to run Oracle on LINUX or UNIX)

best regards

Andreas Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 00:13:51 CDT