How did a special char come in?

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:26:20 GMT

When I select a column from our database, it shows a special character in that column, specifically ASCII 160 (acute "a"). I know we're not using any character set other than USASCII. I wonder how that character sneaked in. I didn't create the database nor did I enter data. But it's possible our European users entered some data through our standard Web interface. But that column should only contain plain English words or leave as null.

Any hint? Thanks.

Yong
Email:yong321_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 14:26:20 CDT