Re: Urgent!

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 18:49:25 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Hana Shireen <hsh_at_doc.ic.ac.uk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:24:30 +0100, you wrote:

>I have noticed that the problem occurs when I have read something from the
>Oracle database, and with that value, I want to update another database. It
>just does not want to execute the update statement( or insert statements as
>well) . For example, from user login (a CGI script), I get the 'name and
>address' of the user from the 'Members_data' database, and then, if I use
>this 'name and address' to write to another database, it won't do it. It
>will write other things into that database that I get from the CGI script,
>that's allright, but it won't execute the data that I have obtained from
>another or the same database. When I print the values read, they're fine, but
>it just won't put it back into a database. Any ideas why? Thanks.

any error messages you feel might be relevant? when you say "it just does not want to execute the update statement" -- whats the error you are getting..

>from 'Really stressed'
>
>Christopher M. Day wrote:
>
>> Hana,
>>
>> I think the group needs more info to help. ie the format of the UPDATE
>> statement?
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> Hana Shireen wrote:
>> >
>> > Has anyone come across a problem where, when trying to update an oracle
>> > database through a CGI script, it will only enter the first word of a
>> > whole sentence, or only do the updating if the word is shorter than the
>> > previous word. Help please.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 13:49:25 CDT