Unable to start Intelligent Agent

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:33:35 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to start the Intelligent Agent on my database(s). I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on AIX 4.2.1. I have the listener up and running fine, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Intelligent Agent, recompiled the dbsnmp executable, and run the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catsnmp.sql script. No luck. Whenever I run lsnrctl dbsnmp_start, I see the dbsnmp process (ps -ef) trying to start, but then it dies and goes away. The entry in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/dbsnmpw.log file says: NMS-00004: dbsnmp unable to register MIB or MIB row

I don't know what else to check ... any suggestions?

Thanks
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 11:33:35 CDT