Re: Please help me solve this Oracle mystery...

From: John Seitz <seitz_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 05:41:09 GMT

I was having the same problem at my work. What was happening was I had be testing data purging code for about a week with a table that had 1 million rows. I would fill the table up with data then purge it. After about a week, I finished my testing. Then i did a count on the table. It took about 30 seconds, however the table had no records.

So what I had to do is export the entire user. Drop the tablespace, delete the datafile, and start fresh with a new tablespace. Then imported the data. Now if rocks, even with 1 million rows.

John