Re: Very Basic Oracle 8 Client Server config question

From: Daniel Klass <klassd_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 23:12:29 -0600

Found out that I need SQL net on NT and that this was not installed with the basic installation ( I had tried both client and then enterprise  installation ). After I added SQL net client and Server I got further.

I did not need the master agent setup ( though it was educational going through the process ).

The error now is :

Failed to get the information for node.

I am logging in as SYSTEM MANAGER. I am not sure why I would have this problem obtaining the dbsnmp.ver file ( this was how the error message was documented in the Oracle 8 nt doc. ).

Any ideas out there,

Thanks in advance.