varrays in the 8.1.5 JDBC driver?

From: John Lacey <johnl_at_vizdom.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 02:41:21 GMT

I'd like to understand what ResultSet.getString returns on varrays in the 8.1.5 JDBC driver. I have Oracle 8.0.4 and the JDBC driver only supports varrays on 8.1.5 servers. I understand getArray, but I wanted to know what getString returns. For instance, SQL*Plus prints

    NUM_VARRAY(100, 200)
(where NUM_VARRAY is the sample type in the 8.1.5 JDBC doc). Is
this was getString returns, or is it some other kind of delimited string?

As an aside, does someone know what the other getXXX methods return? Do they all throw exceptions?

(This all seems like it should be documented somewhere, but the
Oracle JDBC doc, the JDBC 2.0 spec, and the JDBC 2.0 javadoc don't say anything about this as far as I can tell.)

John L Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 21:41:21 CDT