Cron scripts

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:15:24 -0500

I've been trying to create a script which I'll be executing through cron. When I run the script, everything works just fine. When I schedule the script through crontab, it doesn't work. And I can't see what the cron script is doing. Any ideas how to find out the "output" from the run of a cron script?

Here's what I'm trying to do:
in a script,
  change SID
  sqlplus userid @script < passwordfile   mail results
  do again for another SID

The script contains a spool command to spool the results of the script to a file. That file is sent to my email account. When I run this script through the command line, it works just fine. When I run it through crontab, the spool file is empty and I get mailed nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 17:15:24 CDT