Test Oracle 8 NT edition via Enterprise Manager

From: Daniel Klass <klassd_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 22:59:05 -0600

I did a fresh install of Oracle 8 NT enterprise edition and tried to do figure out how to look at the installed starter database.

I first tried to fire up the Oracle Agent ( which I am not sure if this is
needed for local management or mangement from a remote box ?? ).

The start of this service just hung with a starting dialog box. I killed the
dialog box after 5 minutes and the status said started , but the stop button
was not highlighted.

I went on to login as SYSTEM MANAGER ( no service so it would be a local login ) into the Enterprise Manager.

When navigator wizard came up I gave it the name of the workstation. It did not find the agent.

How does one go about connecting to the installed local startup database via
Enterprise Manager??

Any info. would be appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 23:59:05 CDT