Re: Oracle8 on RedHat 6.0

From: <gthomps_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:26:55 GMT

In article <7j6m12$9v3$1_at_jetsam.uits.indiana.edu>,

Try executing rdbms/admin/catalog.sql and rdbms/admin/catproc.sql as sys or internal. There may be other scripts in that directory, but these two should get the data dictionary views and pl/sql setup. Also look at sqlplus/admin/pupbld.sql.

  "Patrick Bohan" <pbohan_at_indiana.edu> wrote:
> I am running Oracle8 on RedHat Linux 6.0, and despite a great number
of
> installation problems (due to glibc 2.1), it seems to be working fine.
>
> However, when I try to run SQLPlus, it tells me I need the
DBMS_STANDARD
> package installed. I have no idea where this package is or how to
install
> it.
>
> Also, when I create a new database (rather than have the installer
make a
> default one), it doesn't create any data dictionary views. How do I
get it
> to do this by default?
>
> Any help will be appreciated...
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick K. Bohan
> pbohan_at_indiana.edu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 11:26:55 CDT