Help! Oracle from SQLServer

From: <jkanel_at_productivesystems.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:28:53 -0400

I am attempting to create an ActiveX EXE that links to a dabase through ODBC. The database specifications will always be the same but my SQL syntax does not work the same for SQLServer as it does for Oracle. Could someone please tell me:

  1. How do I represent a date in Oracle-SQL (e.g. SQLServer-SQL is #6/4/99 4:05 PM#)
  2. Is there a universal outer join operator?

Doesn't Oracle support ANSI SQL-92? Please help - this is frustrating!

Jeff Kanel
Productive Systems, Inc.
jkanel_at_productivesystems.com Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 11:28:53 CDT