Oracle clients crash

From: Frank Heijmans <someone_at_somewhere.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:25:25 GMT

Hi

Maybe crashing isn't the correct term to use. Since nothing is actually starting. This is the third machine where this happens. As usual nobody knows wat has been changed, but no oracle application will start anymore. According to DrWatson it is an error in sqlnet. (ntt80.dll invalid pointer)

However, it seems to me that he doesn't now what he is talking about. I have the feeling that somehow a win95 dll is corrupted or missing, and ntt80.dll is trying to use this file.

Because the strange thing is that the whole system appearantly is f***edup, since even re-installing net8 or the whole Oracle installation for that matter doesn't help.

The only thing I could think of, the last two times, was re-installing the whole system. But that's not a real option.

Does anybody else have this problem and know how to deal with it. I haven't got a clue what to look for.

We are using oracle net8 client 8.0.4.0.0 on win95 boxes

regards,

Frank Heijmans Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 05:25:25 CDT