Re: DDL in PL/SQL

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 3 Jun 1999 12:57:20 GMT

Mark Gumbs <mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
: You cannot use DML inside a PL/SQL procedure.

: Try using DBMS_SQL or DBMS_DDL and pass your statement via that.

Don't know aobut DBMS_DDL, but one note on DBMS_SQL. The statements are run in the schema of who owns the stored procedure, not who executes it

Later,
Steven
--

                 _|_  |  _|_   "I am the way and the truth and the life.
                  | --|-- |     No one comes to the Father except through
Steven Whatley    |   |   |      me.  If you really knew me, you would
Houston, Texas        |           know my Father as well.  From now on,
swhatley_at_blkbox.com   |            you do know him and have seen him."
http://www.blkbox.com/~swhatley/        -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6-7 NIV)