How to delete unnecessary datafiles

From: Diablo <diabl_at_email.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:30:57 +0300

We got in oracle 8.03 only one tablespace that holds tables but due to space requirements, I got to add new datafiles to the tablespace. But now, we added a new and 9GB disk for storage and added a 4 mb datafile to the same tablespace.I want to get rid of the old ones but I cannot dare or have time to practice full importing tables. Is it possible emptying the old datafiles and transferring the tables data to the new datafile in order to delete the old datafiles?
Thanks in advance..

Kayhan Ketenci
IS Administrator
HTP Research Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 06:30:57 CDT