Slackeware / Oracle install 2.0.34

From: Ruben Safir <ruben_at_llinderman.dental.nyu.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 23:26:14 GMT

Hello -

I'm trying to install Oracle on Linux. I've done some research on this and looked over this newsgroup before making the attempt.

I've changes env, addded glic (I hope) etc.

I'm getting this error on install

(( OIERR-SYSTEM: ln -s libmm.a /u01/app/oracle/product/8.05/lib/libobk.a )) Adding code to run from root.sh

Any clues where to start looking for a fix. I tried to select a bunch of things to install originally, following what I read on a website on fortwayne.com

It failed, so I am tring on package at a time. the clients seems to work. The RDDM seems to be failing :(

I has /u01 - /u04 on root. But they are symbolically linked to a location where I had more room (the location of my mysql DB).

Ruben

NYU College of Denistry Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 18:26:14 CDT