Re: Explain Plan

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:11:19 -0400

Hi Rob,

    A couple of things you could try:

  1. Double check and make sure that ALL of the desired indexes were reapplied.
  2. Check and see which optimizer they are using. If they are using the COST BASED OPTIMIZER run ANALYZE TABLE <tablename> COMPUTE STATISTICS
  3. If neither of the above help run ANALYZE TABLE <tablename> VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE
  4. If none of the above help I am sure someone will have some other things you could try.

regards

Jerry Gitomer