Oracle8 on RedHat 6.0

From: Patrick Bohan <pbohan_at_indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:45:35 -0500

I am running Oracle8 on RedHat Linux 6.0, and despite a great number of installation problems (due to glibc 2.1), it seems to be working fine.

However, when I try to run SQLPlus, it tells me I need the DBMS_STANDARD package installed. I have no idea where this package is or how to install it.

Also, when I create a new database (rather than have the installer make a default one), it doesn't create any data dictionary views. How do I get it to do this by default?

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks,
Patrick K. Bohan
pbohan_at_indiana.edu Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 14:45:35 CDT