Re: How to delete unnecessary datafiles

From: Richard Armstrong <StateOArt_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:49:01 -0600

You could have created a new tablespace for the new datafiles. Then you could copy the tables to the new tablespace, and eliminate the old tablespace. This is just about as time consuming as doing the exports, and is more prone to mistake.

I would keep the old datafiles... What are they hurting? Since you only have one tablespace, the only easy way to remedy your situation is to do a full export, restructure the tablespace, and import the tables.

--

Richard Armstrong
State Of The Art Consulting, Inc.