How To Turn Archive Off

From: Snow Tracks <snowtracks_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:35:09 -0700

Hi. We sometimes develop against Oracle databases.

Currently, in my \orant\database\archive directory are about 600 files.

Does anyone know how I can turn off archiving?

Since we just have development DBs, we have no need for archiving.

I tried setting 'log_archive_start' to 'false' in init.ora with no apparent effect.

Are there any other steps I need to take?

Thank you,
st Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 13:35:09 CDT