Re: Very Basic Oracle 8 Client Server config question

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 08:31:40 +0100

Daniel Klass wrote:

> Question:
> I have Oracle 8 Client software on an NT workstation and Oracle 8
> server software on a Sun Solaris box. I brought up the database,
> listener
> and intelligent Oracle agent ( dbsnmp ) on the server and verified that
> they were all succcesfully up. I was able to
> use the Net8 easy config to setup a service to my Server SID.
>
> When starting up the Enterprise Manager and after successfully
> logging in as SYSTEM with my recently ( created via NET8 config )
> service,
> the Navigator Wizard asked
> me for a node where the Intelligent Agent(s) were located. I supplied
> the IP address of my server ( the one I successfully used in the Net 8
> easy config ).
>
> The Navigator Wizard returns a status that it cannot find the
> intelligent agent
> on my server. Also I noted on the server in the log for dbsnmp that it
> tried to unsuccessfully
> communicate with a Master SNMP agent ( I wonder if a master agent
> is required or if this is for some sort ot 3rd pary tool support ?? ).
>
> Any ideas out there on what I may need to do to have the navigator
> properly discover the Oracle intelligent Agent.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Daniel
I had similar problems with Oracle 7.3. Theres a specific flag somewhere (it in the doc and I can't lay my hands on it at the momeent :-( that you need to set so it will accept the connections. I can't remember if its in a file of a flag when you start dbsnmp, but like I said its in the setup docs somewhere.

martin Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 02:31:40 CDT