SQLPLUS in AIX - linesize in output

From: Pieter De Veuster <veustp_at_mailexcite.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:03:00 +0200

Problem: when spooling to a file, the output linesize is always 80 (guess that's the default). I've tried altering this to e.g. 1000 but this merely gave me output in which every line has a length of 1000 chars. Is it possible to have an output linesize of exactly the right length (long enough for all character output to fit but not longer/shorter). I've already tried with rtrim but that doesn't help this problem either.

Thanx,
3.14ter Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 02:03:00 CDT