memory usage with unix processes

From: <ajseesink_at_globalxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 14:51:49 GMT

I want to know the following: how much memory does the SQL*Net process on Unix use. These are the processes where I can see the argument "oracleTST (LOCAL=NO)" these are the daemon processes.

When I use ps on a HP9000 or a IBM RS6000 is can see that about 4 or 5 megabytes memory is used. However on a SUN sparc I issue the command "ps -e -o ruser -o pid -o ppid -o rss -o fname -o args" and I see that about 40 megabyte of memory is used (it does not matter if I use -o vsz or -o rss. It's about the same amount of memory) I do not believe this is realy the memory used by the process. The processes on the HP, IBM and SUN are all comming from the same machine in this case a netscape application server.

Is there someone who nows more on this subject?

tia
Andre Seesink

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 09:51:49 CDT