Very Basic Oracle 8 Client Server config question

From: Daniel Klass <klassd_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 19:00:05 -0600

Question:

    I have Oracle 8 Client software on an NT workstation and Oracle 8 server software on a Sun Solaris box. I brought up the database, listener
and intelligent Oracle agent ( dbsnmp ) on the server and verified that they were all succcesfully up. I was able to use the Net8 easy config to setup a service to my Server SID.

When starting up the Enterprise Manager and after successfully logging in as SYSTEM with my recently ( created via NET8 config ) service,
the Navigator Wizard asked
me for a node where the Intelligent Agent(s) were located. I supplied the IP address of my server ( the one I successfully used in the Net 8 easy config ).

The Navigator Wizard returns a status that it cannot find the intelligent agent
on my server. Also I noted on the server in the log for dbsnmp that it tried to unsuccessfully
communicate with a Master SNMP agent ( I wonder if a master agent is required or if this is for some sort ot 3rd pary tool support ?? ).

Any ideas out there on what I may need to do to have the navigator properly discover the Oracle intelligent Agent.

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 20:00:05 CDT