Re: Oracle 8.0.5 and ADO 2.0 Question

From: Andrew Cameron <cameronka_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:53:01 -0400

We are running into a similar problem when attempting to use disconnected recordsets with Oracle, if we set up a command object and execute the store proc into a command object initiated recordset, we cannot disconnect the command, while this is possible with the ADO recordset variable, we cannot seem to do it when initiated with a ADO command object.

Any help would be appreciated...

Andrew Cameron

Terry Bland <terrybland_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote in message news:#L17W63p#GA.212_at_cppssbbsa03...
> Beth
>
> Oracle 8 does not work with MTS in it's default installation. You need to
> consult the Oracle documentation on configuring it for XA compliance whish
> is required even to make a connection within an MTS object. If not you get
> the 'Driver not capable...' error.
>
> You have to make system view available in Oracle and modify the
> configuration of the Oracle ODBC driver. We use Microsoft ODBC Driver for
> Oracle 2.573.2927.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Terry
>
> Beth Massi wrote in message <7fqel5$8rt_at_sjx-ixn9.ix.netcom.com>...
> >Hi,
> >Nobody posted any replies to the last post I made, so I thought I'd ask
one
> >more time. Guess not many people use ADO to access Oracle 8, huh?...
> >
> >I have a question regarding Oracle Version 8.0.5 and ADO 2.0.
> >I am new to ADO and was under the impression that I was supposed to use
the
> >MSDAORA Provider when connecting to Oracle via ADO, however, when I try
> >open the connection it gives me an error message "Driver not capable".
So