Re: To Upload and download LOBs into an Oracle 8.x database using the OAS

From: Narasimha Kasibhatla (KN) <kasibhatla.n_at_pg.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:18:16 -0400

The new OAS 4.0 does do the upload and download of files into the database. But there is a limit of 8 Mb (approx). Apparently, this is a Spyglass listener limit. The upload and download work for files and images smaller than 8 Mb. The problem is with files larger than that. This is documented in the OAS developer's guide (chapter 7).

I am trying to avoid writing a CGI script if possible. There was a cartridge provided at one of the Oracle sites which did the upload and download of blobs (OWA replacement cartridge) but unfortunately Oracle is no longer supporting the cartridge.

KN
kasibhatla.n_at_pg.com